The Workshop is a dress rehearsal and prepares both new and veteran volunteers for a successful classroom performance as follows …
* Offered as a Livestream Remote Event for readers who live more than 1 hour outside of Boston. If you qualify for Remote Access, please notify the Manager immediately. Login Instructions will be sent via e-mail and materials will be sent by post.
* Provides an opportunity for Readers to learn, practice and share effective classroom management techniques, tips for selecting the best stories, and read aloud tricks of the trade.
* Provides instructions for logging volunteer service hours, and detailed procedures for collaboration with the schools and teachers.
* Assures schools that Readers understand elementary school culture.
* Offers an opportunity for us to meet and for you to get to know other BookPALS readers.* As a "Thank You!" for sharing your time and talents, you will take home a BookPALS Bookbag to carry to your classrooms!