Guidelines and Application
VIRTUAL ON-CAMERA LAB GUIDELINES
Virtual On-Camera Lab Rules:
- Must have a stable internet connection.
- Please come prepared. This means you have rehearsed your lines and you know all of the casting director’s instructions for the audition.
- Be on time. The session that follows yours will start promptly so we are unable to offer extra time.
- Make sure to silence all devices and turn off notifications. Otherwise, it may ruin your best take.
- Display your paid-up, current SAG-AFTRA ID or Equity card. If your new card has not yet arrived, display SAG-AFTRA dues payment receipt or exemption.
- Minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Members under 18 years old are REQUIRED to have their parent or guardian present during the recording session. There will be no recording session without a parent or guardian present.
- You are responsible for uploading and submitting your audition. Our technician will not be available to assist you with editing, uploading or submitting your audition so please familiarize yourself with these processes prior to using the lab.
- If you are bringing your own reader, please provide us with their email when you book your session, so that we can provide a session link. Readers do not have to be SAG-AFTRA members, but under no circumstances will the non-members be recorded.
- Your appointment is only for you. You cannot book an appointment for another member or non-member. You are expected to use the lab for the duration of your appointment.
- Failure to show for an appointment will result in a “No-Show.” Two “No-Shows” within 60 days will restrict your ability to sign up for new appointments for 90 days.
How to use the Virtual On-Camera Lab:
- To reserve a time slot, go to your Member Dashboard and select the On-Camera Lab under the “BY APPOINTMENT ONLY” calendar. Then, reserve an open time slot. All time slots are in Pacific Standard Time.
- You can book up to 5 days in advance. The 5 day window includes the days that the OCL is closed.
- Time slots are 30 minutes long. You can sign up once a day and a total of twice per week.
- For the Auditions/Rehearsals: Please note that while the Virtual On-Camera Calendar is blocked off in 45 minute slots, your actual session will end promptly after the first 30 minutes. Under no circumstance will we exceed your 30 minute limit.
- Email sides to email@example.com prior to your session. Your reader and Lab Tech must receive sides at least one hour prior to the session starting.
- If you need to cancel your appointment, return to the On-Camera calendar and click “Cancel” at least 24 hours before the time of your appointment.
- If you have a last minute need to tape an audition, but there are no time slots available, please contact the staff directly at our new email, firstname.lastname@example.org, to inquire about any last-minute cancellations.
- Be on time for your appointment. Before your session, email your sides to us, have your devices ready to record, and your SAG-AFTRA or Equity ID. We will not allow you to record your audition if you fail to provide these materials at the start of your appointment.
- Keep in mind that we will not be able to exceed your scheduled time, so please come prepared.