Anna's seminar will offer a comprehensive overview of the current VO business , how to get started , as well as how to get your career to the next level depending where you are now. We will discuss concrete pragmatic steps you can take to further your VO career.
1. Listen to demos and I will point out the nuances in the reads that make them stand out,
2. We will go over all kinds of copy Commercial, Animation, Promos, and discuss how to make your reads pop so that you book the job.
3. Techniques for 'putting your signature" on your read so that your auditions stand out and you book more jobs.with pacing, script analysis, matching the reads to the brands, tone of voice as a storytelling tool,
4. We will also cover how to interpret and integrate the often vague and confusing notes you are given by casting people, directors and producers into your reads
4. Regarding animation we will go over how to create characters that are authentic and original.
5. We will go over marketing, where you fit in the market specifically and expanding your range.
7. Online casting, being your best director.
8. Agents,how to get them working for you.
9. Demos, - what makes a great demo, how to find material for your demos , what makes then stand out from the crowd,
10. Finally, she will give you pragmatic and fun homework that you can do on your own so that you can continue to build confidence and VO craft as well as becoming a great director for all your auditions.
Please note this is a strictly lecture class and no reads will be taking place.
ABOUT YOUR INSTRUCTOR
Anna Garduno is a Bicoastal Actor- Producer- Teacher and the founder of VOICEFORWARD. Anna teaches classes for VO Commercials, Animation, Promos, Narration, and Games in both LA and York. She has been a guest teacher for NYU Voice Over program and is on the faculty of the Tom Toddoroff Conservatory. Anna has been nominated best VO teacher on both coasts two years in a row by the readers of Backstage. She is the only nominee to be given this honor for both NY and LA . As an actor Anna has decades of experience as a VO artist. She can currently be heard voicing the character of PALMON on the DIGIMON animated series as well as Selby the bear on the animated series KIOKA. Anna was nominated best character voice actor for her role as Kiera in the playstion games Jak and Daxter 1 and 2 . by the Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences,
Anna also produces demos with her students working closely with each student to write/ and or select and rehearse copy that best suited to their unique strengths and range. Voice forward students have booked hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of jobs on their own as well as through agents they work with based on their demos. Agencies Anna's students work with include VOX, SBV, INNOVATIVE, CESD, ACCESS TALENT, DPN, DDO, ACM, PARADIGM, ATLAS and more.
Two Solo Booth sessions must be completed.