Focus: Episodic TV Auditions
These topics will be discussed during class:
• The casting process from script to shooting
• How episodic TV auditions vary from auditions for pilots, film or theatre • The basics of script analysis (who, what, where, when, why?) • The importance of watching “TV” as homework and how to gain insight from it for your auditions
• Feeling and conveying confidence in the audition room
• How to interpret confusing direction
• Letting the audition go and moving on to the next
• The role of the casting director
A selection of sides will be sent out to actors 48 hours prior to class based on your casting access profile headshots. (Make sure they are up-to-date!) Instructions below. Must cancel before June 25, 2022 @ 5PM PST.
Actors will work on sides 1-on-1 with Kendra but in front of the entire class. Thoughtful and specific feedback will be given to each actor and selected sections run again to incorporate educational notes.
There will also be a time for Q&A, allowing actors to get clarity on anything they saw in class or get specific answers on topics of their choosing.
RSVP'D Actors will receive a ZOOM Invitation to participate on the morning of the class.
UPDATING YOUR CASTING ACCESS PROFILE
This workshop is a learning experience. It is not an audition or employment opportunity. As such, when this class is over, I will NOT be taking home, nor be given access to your headshot, resume, or any of your promotional materials.
CASTING DIRECTOR BIO
Kendra Castleberry is a Head CD at Castleberry/Murphy Casting.
You must have completed a Casting Access Application prior to registering for this workshop.
Please note that the 90-day frequency restriction applies to this workshop. Your last frequency-restricted workshop must have taken place no less than 90 (ninety) days prior to this event to be eligible to register.
NO LATE ARRIVALS and NO WALK-INS are admitted. Only those participants who have received a telephoned or e-mailed confirmation message from staff will be admitted to the session. Waitlisted individuals who have not received such confirmation will not be admitted at the door. Please do not show up if you have not been explicitly confirmed as RSVPed.