You are registering for a LIVESTREAM event. If you meant to register for the ON-SITE event, please return to the Event listings. Readers are eligible to attend via Livestream if they live more than one hour from Boston, have access to a computer, laptop or tablet device with a camera, and are willing to download the Zoom Web Conferencing App. Login Instructions will be sent via e-mail and materials will be sent by post after registration.
The Workshop is a dress rehearsal and prepares both new and veteran volunteers for a successful classroom performance as follows …
* Provides an opportunity for Readers to learn, practice and share effective classroom management techniques, tips for selecting the best stories, and read aloud tricks of the trade.
* Provides instructions for logging volunteer service hours, and detailed procedures for collaboration with the schools and teachers.
* Assures schools that Readers understand elementary school culture.
* Offers an opportunity for us to meet and for you to get to know other BookPALS readers.
* As a "Thank You!" for sharing your time and talents, you will take home a BookPALS Bookbag to carry to your classrooms!
You can find magic wherever you look, sit back and relax, all you need is a book! ...Dr. Seuss