Today's Workshop is offered as both a Live Stream Event and an ON SITE event. You are registering for the ON-SITE event. If you meant to register for the livestream event, please return to the event listings.
The Workshop is a dress rehearsal and prepares both new and veteran volunteers for a successful classroom performance as follows …
* Provides an opportunity for Readers to learn, practice and share effective classroom management techniques, tips for selecting the best stories, and read aloud tricks of the trade.
* Provides instructions for logging volunteer service hours, and detailed procedures for collaboration with the schools and teachers.
* Assures schools that Readers understand elementary school culture.
* Offers an opportunity for us to meet and for you to get to know other BookPALS readers.
* As a "Thank You!" for sharing your time and talents, you will take home a BookPALS Bookbag to carry to your classrooms!